Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Did I Mention How Much I Hate Unpacking?

Well, we made through the first week and mid-way through the second! I wish I could say that it has been smooth sailing, but that's never the case, is it?

I will say that having someone else do the packing for me has its pluses and minuses. On the plus side, I could sit back and play on Facebook while two men wrapped all of our earthly belongings and packed them into boxes. It was great that I didn't have to do any heavy lifting, other than dragging our suitcases into my car. It wasn't so great that the movers had a crappy labeling system and packed things willy-nilly, so they didn't really make sense. For two days now, I have been missing the lid to my coffeepot and my withdrawal symptoms are KILLER.

The trip up to Seattle was relatively drama-free. Auggie suffered through the plane ride in his crate, which he DID NOT like. But he's never really been in a crate before, so we knew that was going to be the case. The rental car reserved for us was way too small, so we had to upgrade, and we found our way to our hotel. We stayed one night into the Seattle Westin, and then moved to an extended stay hotel in Lynnwood. We had hoped that our stuff would be delivered during the week, so we wouldn't need to stay the whole week. But it wasn't delivered until the last day of the delivery promise window.

We're finding minor problems with the house, which is to be expected, since it was built in 1960. For example, the heat doesn't seem to be working correctly. Yes, it works, but some rooms are much colder than others. One of those is Sutton's room. Sigh-what a fail that was. We worked so hard to make his room so nice, and it is freezing in there. We got his new big-boy bed at IKEA, and new bedding, etc. And he wants to sleep in our bed, because it's so cold in his room. And he's been sleeping with us for almost two weeks now. I am hoping with all my might that we can get him to start sleeping in his room, because let me tell you, that boy KICKS. And thrashes. And slaps you in the face in the middle of the night. WTF?

And we got snow last night. And us poor AZ folk had no snow equipment. No shovel, no nothing. Our cars were buried. Dave had to dig my car out, to go and buy a snow shovel. And then spent the next 20 minutes shoveling our walk, and our neighbor's. And you know what? He said he ENJOYED it!! Well, then, he can do it every time!

I'll be sure to post more soon. For now, it's just nice to get things back to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment