Monday, January 18, 2010

Bedtime Blues

We've been experiencing a few bumps in our bedtime road. For a long time now, we would put Sutton down at night, turn out the light, close the door and he usually did one of two things. He would either go to sleep without too much trouble, or he would talk to himself until he got sleepy. But the past few nights have been a little rough.
Early Sunday morning (and I mean EARLY Sunday morning-around three am) Sutton woke up crying. Now, that in itself isn't anything new. But on Saturday morning, he had gotten sick all over his bed, and I didn't know about it until I got him up in the morning. So when I heard him crying, I wanted to be loving, supportive mama. So I went to soothe him.
He was more than happy to sleep ON me. But the second I went to try to put him in his bed, he would start screaming and crying. I tried this three more times, including one 25-minute screaming/crying fit. Dave even tried it, but our Button just wasn't having it. We ended up on the couch at 4 in the morning, watching Noggin on TV.
Same thing at 1 am today. This time, he was so asleep on me that he drooled all over my shoulder. But the second his back touched the bed, he was crying. I let him cry it out. He woke up this morning with a hoarse voice and a bad cough.
And tonight, more of the same. Why do kids go through these phases?
There isn't enough under-eye concealer to hide these dark circles under my eyes. I am so tired, it reminds me of the days when he was an infant.
Please, tell me that he will get past this. I need a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment