Saturday, February 27, 2010

I. Give. Up.

That's right, dear readers. I officially give up. Surrender. Wave the white flag. Karma has come and basically shit right on top of us. Did I piss someone off in a former life and just not know about it?

Life has just been one trying time after another thrown at us. Let me elaborate. As I have mentioned before, Dave and I had put an offer in on a house, but it was a short sale. So that meant that we would have to wait a very long time before we could officially buy the house. Well, on Friday, Dave and I decided to walk away from the house. It was one screwed up mess, with missing files, and two companies not wanting to take responsibility for the screw-ups, and a foreclosure date that was looming on the horizon. So, because of that (and another reason) we elected to cancel the short sale contract.

As for the other reason...well, I haven't talked much about this. Mostly because I was sticking my head in the sand and trying to ignore it. So here goes...Dave is being laid off. His company merged two departments, and Dave's job is being eliminated. He has until the end of March to find another position within the company, or look for work outside of the company. When he first told me, I cried all day. I don't do well with drastic changes like this. I honestly am scared about what our future holds for us. And I know that people say that G-d only gives us as much as we can handle. Well, he must have some awesome faith in us, because one thing after another keeps coming our way.

Our landlord had informed us a few months ago that he wanted to sell the house we are renting. (See my other post about the nightmarish time we had trying to prepare for the open house.) What he failed to tell us is that he stopped making his mortgage payments, and the house will be going into foreclosure at the end of April. So we have little more than a month to find a new place to live.

I think my biggest regret is that we aren't able to provide a home for Sutton to grow up in. I really wanted to get a house that we could call our own. To not have to have a landlord. To build our lives in our little dream house. I already had plans for the kitchen, etc. To have a garden in the backyard that Sutton could help with. To fill the new house with memories.

Dave said to me the other night that he was sad that we couldn't work on growing our family. We really want to have another baby, but we simply can't afford it right now. Two kids in daycare is more than we can afford. And now that one income is disappearing...it makes me a little sick to my stomach to think about it.

I have to admit right now, tears are streaming down my face as I write this. Dave has a very different attitude than I do. He prefers to think positively. And I'm trying, really I am. I know that we will be OK. As long as we stick together, everything will work itself out. Our families have told us that they will help anyway they can. But it's a lot to ask of our families. And I am, by nature, a worrier. I have to freak out about something. But that's why I have this blog. To get my worries out, so I can get over them.

And now that I have gotten them out, let's focus on something a little happier. Like my adorable husband and child.
Sutton is super cuddly lately. He loves to give hugs, or lay on us while we watch TV.

Modeling his new Old Navy sunglasses. Upside down on top of his head.

Please keep us in your thoughts. I know it will work out OK, it's just going to be a stressful couple of weeks.

1 comment:

  1. OK, I've changed the blog again, because my previous design wasn't letting people post comments. Here's hoping everything is working OK.

    ReplyDelete