Friday, February 26, 2010

Sick and Tired

OK, so I just spent the better part of twenty minutes picking out a new background for my blog. Do we like it? Or should we comment on the fact that I spent more time choosing backgrounds for the blog rather than, oh I don't know, actually writing something on this blog....ignore me. I'm just feeling sorry for myself. But what better place to vent than my own blog, right? As I posted on Facebook, I woke up this morning with pinkeye. Thanks, Sutton. Appreciate it. Just what I need, right? Add that on top of the fact that I am still fighting the remnants of this flu. I lost my voice on Tuesday, which made working interesting. Luckily, I had some help, in case customers needed to speak to me. But the hacking cough had been keeping me up the last three nights. I ended up crashing on Wednesday. Everyone at work told me, "Leave and get some rest." And rest I did. I went to sleep at about eleven in the morning, and slept until almost four-thirty in the afternoon. Wow, I guess I really needed to rest.
Thursday was good.
Cough wasn't too bad, my voice was back (pretty much-I still sound like I have a frog in my throat. Dana came over with Jonas, and we pretty much just got out of the house. We went over to Costco, and picked up a few things. Shared a hot dog with Sutton.

He mostly ate the bun, and then decided to eat the rest of the hot dog. Then we went over to the mall playground and let Sutton run around for a bit. We only stayed there about 15 minutes before Jonas needed his nap. Sutton fell asleep in the car (as usual) and I got him into the house still asleep. While he napped, I started dinner. When he woke up, we made a smoothie (thanks for the idea, Sarah!)

He even drank it out of a big boy cup without spilling. Then we went for a walk around the block in the wagon.
Don't you love his crazy, tousled hair? He needs a haircut so badly, but the longer it gets, the curlier it gets. So cute. But the bedhead is scary.
When we got home from our walk, it was still nice outside. So we played in the backyard for a bit.
Farmer Sutton. Complete with the plaid shirt. The next series of photos are a bit blurry. He was running and dancing around the yard, singing some kind of song. I couldn't get him to stop long enough to tell me what he was singing.

Then we went inside and finished making dinner. Dave got home around 6ish, and we ate dinner. Then we played/watched TV until bedtime.

I guess sometime during the night, I developed the pinkeye. I honestly have no idea where I got it. Yes, Sutton DID have it, but that was over a week ago, and he was on the drops since last week Wednesday. He wouldn't have been contagious for over a week, could he?

Either way, I was in no condition to work today. I ended up leaving my HR manager a voicemail message at 5:45 in the morning, since that was when I had woken up to start getting ready for work. Of course, then I couldn't get back to sleep. So I sat up, watching the early morning news until Sutton and Dave got up. I got the boys off to school/work and headed to the walk in clinic. I was first in line, and am now on the medicated drops.

Only one problem remains...my makeup. I wore my contacts yesterday, so I need to throw those out until I am finished with the drops. Unfortunately, they were my last disposable pair, so I need to order more. But I did not wear any eye makeup yesterday. So I asked the doctor about it, and she didn't think I needed to replace my eye makeup. Do you think I should? I just bought a new mascara-it's less than a week old. I COULD replace my eye liner, and just tell Dave that the doctor told me I needed to!! Hmmm, what do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Ooo you've provoked my germophobia! I believe I'd throw out everything...

    That said, the girls at the Clinique counter disinfect all their eyeliners, brushes and stuff with alcohol. I do the same thing every time I start feeling sniffly.

    Love Sutton's darling curls!

    ReplyDelete